Recipe: White Bread
- 625g White Bread Flour
- 10g Instant Yeast
- 500ml Water
- 40g Sugar
- 15g Salt
- 60g Butter
Sesame Seeds (by choice)
Poppy Seeds (by choice)
Dried Oregano (by choice)
Coarse Salt (by choice)
- Place the flour, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl
- Sprinkle the yeast over and mix to combine all the dry ingredients.
- Melt together the water and butter but make sure it doesn’t boil, then pour 70% of the liquid into the flour mixture and continue mixing until well combined.
- If necessary, add the remaining water and continue working the dough until you have strong gluten development and the window test can be done.
- Place the dough in a bowl, with a dish cloth over it and wrap the bowl well with cling film and prove in a warm place until it doubles in volume, approximately 1 hour.
- Knock back the dough.
- Cover it again and bench rest it for 10 minutes.
- Shape the bread, glaze, garnish accordingly and place on a greased baking tray.
- Wrap the tray and prove the bread to 80% its original volume.
- Bake at 180’C for approximately 25 minutes, the bread should sound hollow when tapped at the base.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @jhbculinarypastry on Instagram and hashtag it #jhbculinarypastry.